On two occasions, Silsbee was hired by carpenter T. J. Hodgson to design flat buildings for him. The first was constructed in 1894 and the second in 1897. The buildings are identical except for a slight change in brick type.
Hodgson was a contractor and built many fine homes around Chicago. Silsbee may have known him through his association with construction at Edgewater as Hodgson worked on homes for J. L. Cochran there.