In 1874, John Magee Jr., head of the Fall Brook Coal Company and the Fall Brook Railway Company, died. In his will, he left $50,000 and direction for five churches to be built in the area occupied by his companies. Construction of the first of these, Trinity Episcopal Church, began in 1880. The following year, the modest stone church, designed by Syracuse architect, J. L. Silsbee, was consecrated.
A rendering of the church appeared in the “Building Budget” in 1884.
Art glass windows on the interior were manufactured in England. A majority of the windows are green and red. A window on the west side of the nave serves as a memorial to Magee.