Saturday, February 2, 2013

Save The Date as I'll be Lecturing in Oak Park


As part of their "Wright Around Chicago: Community Enrichment Series", I've been invited by the Frank Lloyd Wright Preservation Trust to come and talk about Silsbee. Silsbee's relationship with Wright is hardly my forte but I've taken this as an opportunity to look a little more closely at the facts surrounding Wright's employment in Silsbee's office and considered more closely what he might have learned there.  

This would be an great opportunity to dispel the million and one myths about these two but I am not sure I have enough time between now and then to get to the root of everything. At the very least, I hope to dispel more than a few of them and to introduce a new audience to Silsbee's work.

The lecture is on Wednesday, April 3rd, is FREE and begins at 6:30pm. Registration for members and volunteers starts next month, on March 7th and public registration starts March 14th. Given my past experience with lectures at the Oak Park Public Library, I am pretty sure it will be a full house. For more information, you can click the photo below to visit the Preservation Trust website. Hope to see you there1      





No comments: