Sunday, January 3, 2021

Stuff I Intend to Write About

A not so random list of things I intend to write about this year:

  • The intellectual and social circles of mid 19th century Northampton. 
  • The business of architecture in and around Pemberton Square, Boston in the 1870's.
  • How a disaster affected the practice of architecture.
  • The obsession of artistic houses during the Gilded Age.
  • Technology and physical mobility at the turn of the century.
  • Fairs, Pittsburgh, and the roots of the City Beautiful Movement. 
  • Can a single project summarize an architect's career? 

There's also a catalog to complete. I don't really plan on "finding" many projects I don't already know about but I have a lot of work to do organizing citations and photos of the roughly 400 buildings that I have in my project files. 

No comments: